This half to full-day workshop introduces participants to state of the art 3D printing technologies, provides introductory training and classroom activities for Sketch-Up design software, and a training in the fundamentals and practicalities of classroom printing with Lulzbot or your organization’s printers.
- Learn about and experience different models of instruction for SketchUp
- Understand 3D design, printing, CAD and iterative design/rapid prototyping
- Use design thinking practices to create, edit and print their own projects
- Understand the mechanics, maintenance and safe use of a typical 3D printer
- Understand the equipment needs and limits/dangers of filament types
- Leave with the ability, lesson plans and projects to 3D print in the classroom.
Program Logistics and Registration:
- Audience: Elementary, secondary and pre-service teachers, program administrators, librarians, technologists, and other service providers.
- This workshop requires an indoor space with tables/chairs for 4-person groups, a black or whiteboard, a screen for audio/video, and electricity.
- The maximum number of participants is 16 for this program.
- The cost for this workshop is $850 and travel fees may apply.
- This program is customizable and can be extended to a multi-day program.
- Contact Us to book a program or to schedule a design consultation.