This 120 minute to half-day workshop combines easy to learn coding with MIT’s Scratch, and the engineering, arts and invention potential of JoyLabz Makey Makey. Combined with our portable makerspace, these two technologies let teachers and learners explore drag and drop coding, circuits, switches and design thinking, while engineering their own inventions and projects connecting computers and technology to real world applications.
The program begins with an introduction to Scratch and coding, followed by demonstrations of Makey Makey-based innovations from students around the world. There are optional switch-making, basic and advanced circuits, electrical components and conductive materials extensions, wrapped up with a maker space and design thinking exercise using the new technologies. It is an engaging program model and a great day both novice and expert users.
- Actively engage in engineering design projects, activities and collaborations
- Experience research-based STEM programs from introduction to evaluation
- Get low-cost, standards-based, classroom ready inquires and projects
- Receive digital resources, lesson plans and certificates of completion
Program Logistics and Registration:
- Audience: Elementary, secondary and pre-service teachers, program administrators, librarians, technologists, and other service providers.
- This workshop requires an indoor space with tables/chairs for 4-person groups, a black or whiteboard, a screen for audio/video, and electricity.
- The maximum number of participants is 24 for this program.
- The cost for this program is $500.00 and can include a Makey Makey Learning Kit with 5 hour trainings. Travel fees may apply.
- This program is customizable and can be extended into a full-day experience.
- Contact Us to book a program or to schedule a design consultation.