Developed in collaboration with Edison and field tested with over 3000 teachers and learners nationwide, this engaging 120 minute to half-day workshop introduces participants to the low-cost, dynamic Edison Robot, drag-and-drop programming for elementary and middle schools using the new EdScratch coding tool, Lego-based engineering and design thinking projects, and Edison’s complete set of resources and teaching guides for K-12 learning.
- Write code, program robots, troubleshoot, and complete design challenges
- Conduct math and science standards-based experiments and inquires
- Collaborate and scaffold their own lesson plans based on program resources
- Try EdBlocks and EdPy Python coding, or Lego-based innovation projects
Program Logistics and Registration:
- Audience: Elementary, secondary and pre-service teachers, program administrators, librarians, technologists, and other informal educators.
- This workshop requires an indoor space with tables/chairs for 4-person groups, a black or whiteboard, a screen for audio/video, and electricity.
- The maximum number of participants is 24 for this program.
- The cost for this program is $400.00 and includes Two Free Edison Robots for participating schools with eligible teachers. Travel fees may apply.
- This program is customizable and can be extended into a full-day experience.
- Contact Us to book a program or to schedule a design consultation.