We provide teachers, schools, libraries, and organizations engaging and award-winning teacher professional development workshops and courses. From half-day, hands-on experiences, to multi-day technology workshops and full-semester courses, our programs strive to bring you and your students the very best in STEM, STEAM and Place-based Education.
We offer a number of courses, across a variety of themes, which can be customized to fit your organization’s goals and standards. Most programs begin with half-day experiences or technology trainings, which can be extended to full-day immersion programs with advanced inquires, design thinking projects, and lesson planning collaborations.
We are happy to work with schools and organizations to meet or exceed local COVID 19 requirements and work hard to facilitate programs that are as safe, hands-on, and collaborative. as possible.
- All RM-ED staff are fully vaccinated and can provide documentation.
- All courses will follow local and state PPE and space requirements.
- Most in-person courses are limited by space or to 20 participants.
- All common materials and surfaces will be sanitized between participants.
- Some programs have fewer stations or materials than the original version.
- In most cases participants must provide their own or district laptops/tablets.
Introductory and Foundational Programs:
- Introduction to Hands-On STEM and STEAM Teaching Methods
- Engineering Design and Innovation Pedagogy for STEAM Classrooms
- Making and Makerspace Projects for STEM and STEAM Learning
- Place and Community-Based Education Fundamentals
Classroom Technology and Coding Workshops:
- Engineering and Innovation with Makey Makey and Scratch
- Design Thinking Projects for Makey Makey and Scratch
- Classroom Coding and Standards-Based Robotics with Edison
- Design Thinking and Makerspace Projects for Edison Robots
- Standards-Based Coding and Flying with Tello Drones
- Introduction to 3D Design and Printing with SketchUp
Place-Based and Community-Centered Learning Workshops:
- Citizen Science and Research Experiences for 21st Century Learning
- Activities and Inquiries for Standards-Based Outdoor Education
- STEM, STEAM and Place-Based Education for TAG and MESA Programs
Our teacher professional development workshops can be delivered nationwide, at a number of scales, and can be coordinated through schools, districts, museums, regional organizations and university programs. Participants can include K-12, student, and pre-service teachers, administrators, support staff, technologists, librarians and informal educators. Most programs have a limit of 12-24 participants and include all materials, resources, and documentation.
Thank you for your patience as we update and add programs, pages, and details to our website. Please feel free to Contact Us to learn more about our programs, customization opportunities, or to schedule a design consultation.