Rocky Mountain Education Design specializes in STEM, STEAM, and place-based curriculum support for schools, districts, organizations, and informal programs.
Our award-winning design team can help you:
- Plan, build, document, and evaluate a new makerspace
- Update existing science, engineering and math modules
- Create inquiry and innovation-centered units plans
- Incorporate digital learning and education technology
- Build a place-based education or school garden program
With experience spanning decades, disciplines, and domains, our designers and subject area experts can work with you to create a single unit, a series of workshops, or connect you to communities of learning around the world.
Our innovative design professionals can:
- Work with you on project planning, proposals, and fundraising
- Develop activities, lessons, unit plans, and evaluation systems
- Create digital resources, support, and virtual learning platforms
- Coordinate materials and design specialty education products
- Collaborate on teacher education and staff training programs
- Generate media, document impacts, and write reports
We are open to working on a wide array of STEM and STEAM projects, incorporating cutting-edge research and pedagogy, as well as new and emerging technologies. Our work focuses on hands-on, experiential learning, supported by and incorporating technology at various scales. We strive to balance opportunities for growth, leadership, creativity and innovation, with the goals of constructive, place, and standards-based education.
Our leadership and design team member’s recent projects included:
- Curriculum support and teacher trainings to incorporate design thinking, making, and coding in STEAM programs in the Roaring Fork School District.
- Coordinating curriculum, materials consulting and training teachers for Boulder Valley School District’s Summer STEM Learning Program.
- Providing coursework and programs to support the development of a STEM teaching pathway and certification for the Cherry Scheek School District.
- Working with the St. Vrain Valley School District to modernize and incorporate digital learning into their 8th-grade physical science units.
- Collaborating with school and community leaders to build support for robotics, 3D printing, and engineering in Mesa Valley County Schools.
- Coordinating with funders to design curriculum, resources and teacher trainings for Boulder Valley School District’s Garden-To-Table Initiative.
- Working with Northwest BOCES and Mesa State University to provide local teacher trainings on design thinking, robotics, coding and 3D printing.
- Collaborating with researchers from the University of Colorado to provide STEM programs and teacher trainings on the Ute and Navajo Reservations.
Rocky Mountain Education Design can provide you with the expertise, efficiency, and professionalism you expect at affordable rates. We work with companies and universities around the world provide materials and funding so you can use your resources where they matter most. Please Contact Us to learn more about our programs, services or to schedule an initial design consultation.
We are happy to work with organizations to meet or exceed local COVID 19 requirements and work hard to facilitate programs that are as safe, and as collaborative as possible. Due to this policy:
- All courses will follow local PPE requirements, and masking is encouraged.
- Most in-person courses are limited by space or to 16-20 participants.
- Most conference and large group format programs have been suspended.
- In most cases participants must provide their own or district laptops.